CDMS assists facilities in meeting Stormwater Permit requirements.
- Develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and Monitoring Program as required by any facility covered by the permit.
- Evaluate your facility to determine if Stormwater Permit requirements apply.
- Prepare and submit a Notification of Intent to meet the requirements for facilities covered by the regulation.
- Prepare the Annual Stormwater Report.
- Provide stormwater sampling kits to make stormwater sampling easier. Kits are provided to clients before the rainy season starts; including labeled appropriate type and number of sampling media, instructions, chain of custody, etc. The kits are sent in for laboratory analysis to be conducted on the samples.
- Prepare Stormwater Notice of Termination documentation to petition for a facility to be excluded from the stormwater.
The State Water Board has become more aggressive with enforcement, including high fines for late annual report submittals. Make sure your facility is up to date on current regulations.
March 2013 – Modified Stormwater Permit Regulation News
A modified draft permit has been proposed, but not yet adopted. The current draft does provide for some significant change to the regulation and requirements. The original draft was modified based on initial public comments and the second draft comment period has closed. CDMS is monitoring the status of this regulation and will send out a newsletter Hazardous Material Alert should regulations be finalized.