HM 126F Training / DOT HazMat Training
CDMS can provide the course at your facility site or employees may attend a group course in the Dublin, CA and Long Beach, CA areas.
Seminar Locations and Dates
Dublin, CA: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 & Thursday, October 18, 2012
Long Beach, CA: Thursday, April 5, 2012 & Thursday, October 4, 2012
Who Needs It
Federal Department of Transportation regulation 49CFR § 172.704 HM126F requires that employers who are are involved in the following activities train employees:
- Transporting hazardous materials in commerce;
- Causing hazardous materials to be transported or shipped in commerce; or
- Representing, marking, certifying, selling, offering, reconditioning, testing, repairing, or modifying containers, drums, or packaging as qualified for use in the transportation of hazardous materials.
Note that this includes those who offer for shipment, as well as those who actually physically transport the waste. Facilities that have waste hauled from their site by an outside waste hauler are required to train employees in the HM126f training.
Employees who must be trained include those that, during the course of employment:
- Loads, unloads, or handles hazardous materials;
- Test, recondition, repair, modify, mark, or otherwise represent containers, drums or packaging as qualified for use in the transportation of hazardous materials;
- Prepare hazardous materials for transportation;
- Are responsible for safety of transportation;
- Are responsible for safety of transporting hazardous materials or
- Operate a vehicle used to transport hazardous materials.
This can include purchasing personnel, employees that label the shipping containers, waste handlers, and those employees that are signing the hazardous waste manifests.
Newly hired employed t employees must be trained within 90 days of their employment. Retraining must be taken every 3 years.
The course will address the requirements for the Safe Transportation of Hazardous Materials training and include the following modules:
- General Awareness
- Function Specific Training
- Safety Training
- Security Awareness Training
The session is approximately 6 hours in length.